Map of Munich attractions
This map of Munich attractions is based on Google maps technology. You can switch the type of map
in the right upper corner by clicking on buttons Map, Satellite and Terrain. Control panel on the left with
plus and minus buttons can be used for zooming the map.
List of Munich attractions
This list contains all the major touristic attractions of Munich that are diplayed on the map above as well:
- Marienplatz - Main square in Munich with both Old and New Town Halls and other historical buildings.
- Frauenkirche - Cathedral with two characteristic domes considered symbol of Bavarian capital.
- Neues Rathaus - Munich's New Town Hall with famous touristic show Glockenspiel.
- Schloss Nymphenburg - Extensive and opulent palace built as summer resort for Bavarian rulers.
- Residenz - Former royal palace of Bavarian monarchs turned into museum and treasury.
- Englischer Garten - Europe's largest city park in English style with Chinese pagoda and beergardens.
- Odeonsplatz - Majestic square bordered with many historical buildings and Hofgarten.
- Olympiapark - Olympic park constructed for 1972 Summer Olympics with imposing Olympic Stadium.
- BMW Headquarters - Four-cilinder tower where headquarters of BMW car company sit.
- Deutsches Museum - World's largest museum of technology and science and largest museum in Munich.
- Alte Pinakothek - Gallery featuring magnificient collection of Old Master paintings.
- Allianz Arena - Color changing football stadium of FC Bayern München for 70.000 spectators.
- Königsplatz - Beautiful square that became center of Munich's gallery and museum quarter.
- Maximilianeum - Palace in Renaissance style where Bavarian parliament resides.
- Viktualienmarkt - Popular market area with dozens of stalls and shops offering mainly food and flowers.
- Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial Site - Memorial on the place of former concentration camp.
- Neue Pinakothek - Art museum focusing on European Art of the 18th and 19th century.
- Pinakothek der Moderne - Gallery unifying Bavarian National Collection of Modern and Contemporary Arts.
- Hofbräuhaus - Famous beer hall and brewery founded in 1589.
- Hofgarten - Italian style Renaissance garden with pavillon in the middle.
- Theresienwiese - Open space where legendary Oktoberfest takes place every year.
- Peterskirche - Oldest church in Munich dedicated to St. Peter.
- Nationaltheater München - Opera house in Max-Joseph-Platz where Bavarian State Opera houses.
- Museum Brandhorst - Museum with collection of modern art including about 100 works of Andy Warhol.
- Glyptothek - Museum holding spectacular collection of Greek and Roman sculptures.
- Staatliche Antikensammlungen - Museum of antique collections for Greek, Etruscan and Roman art.
- Propylaea - Monumental gate in Greek style evoking entrance of the Athenian Acropolis.
- Theatinerkirche - Roman Catholic Theatine Church St. Cajetan built in Italian baroque style.
- Feldherrnhalle - Monument created in honour of the leaders of the Bavarian Army.
- BMW Museum - Museum presenting history of the automobile manufacturer BMW.
- BMW Welt - Customer experience and exhibition venue dedicated to BMW.
- Bayerisches Nationalmuseum - Bavarian National Museum with art historical and folklore collections.
- Mandarin Oriental - Probably most prominent hotel in Bavaria with Michelin star awarded restaurant.