Map of Leeds attractions
This map of Leeds attractions is based on Google maps technology. You can switch the type of map
in the right upper corner by clicking on buttons Map, Satellite and Terrain. Control panel on the left with
plus and minus buttons can be used for zooming the map.
List of Leeds attractions
This list contains all the major touristic attractions in Leeds that are diplayed on the map above as well:
- Leeds Town Hall - Majestic Victorian town hall used for concerts and formal civic functions.
- Millenium Square - Large square with many landmarks serving as cultural heart of Leeds.
- City Square - Centrally located square with Queens Hotel and Edward The Black Prince statue.
- Royal Armouries Museum - United Kingdom’s National Museum of Arms and Armour accommodating five floors.
- Leeds Art Gallery - Gallery rumored to have best collection of 20th century British art outside London.
- Harewood House - Large estate with extensive gardens owned by the Queen's cousin.
- Leeds City Museum - Museum with four floors of exhibits showing Leeds tiger or Leeds mummy among others.
- Henry Moore Institute - Centre focused on the study of sculpture with many exhibitions, library and sculpture archive.
- Corn Exchange - Boutique shopping centre for independent retailers in fine glass-domed Victorian building.
- Kirkstall Abbey - Well-preserved medieval Cistercian monastery with a new visitor centre and free of charge entrance.
- Thackray Medical Museum - Museum of the history of medicine focused on all kinds of diseases and surgeries.
- Tropical World - Tropical botanic garden and zoo with crocodiles, lemurs, meerkats or butteflies.
- Leeds Kirkgate Market - Largest indoor market in Europe with almost 800 stalls selling all from food to jewellery.
- Leeds Cathedral - Roman Catholic Cathedral known as the seat of the Bishop of Leeds.
- St George's Church - Church of England parish based near Leeds General Infirmary.
- Grand Theatre - Home to Opera North and the performing home of Northern Ballet.
- Temple Newsam - Tudor Jacobean mansion with over 40 restored rooms set in large parkland.
- Roundhay Park - Large urban park covering over 700 acres of parkland, lakes and woodland.
- The Light - Historic building converted into leisure and retail centre with shops, restaurants and cinema.
- Trinity Leeds - Largest shopping and leisure centre in Leeds with Everyman cinema and Apple Store.
- Carriageworks Theatre - Theatre on Millenium Square housing mix of various live performances.
- Ellan Road Stadium - Footbal stadium of Leeds United A.F.C. where 37.890 spectators can be seated.
- Briggate - Main shopping street with Harvey Nichols, Debenhams, House of Fraser and much more.
- Victoria Quarter - Two impressive Victorian arcades with high-end luxury retailers.
- First Direct Arena - Entertainment focused arena with capacity of 13.500 for concerts and indoor sporting events.
- Bridgewater Place - 112 metres tall office and residential skyscraper that is highest building in Leeds.
- The Queens Hotel - Famous luxurious landmark hotel with 4 stars built in 1937.
- Park Square - Georgian public square with park in the city centre.