Altstadt is district in Munich area.
This page brings you detailed map of this part of Munich and some basic
information that can be useful to your visit. Note that Altstadt district is also part of Google Street View Maps so you can jump to our
Altstadt Street View map to virtually travel around the area.
Altstadt detailed map
This map of Altstadt is based on Google Maps technology. You can switch the type of map in the right upper corner by clicking
on buttons Map, Satellite and Terrain. Control panel on the left with plus and minus buttons can be used for zooming the map.
List of attractions in Altstadt
This list contains all the major places of interest located in Altstadt:
- Marienplatz - Main square in Munich with both Old and New Town Halls and other historical buildings.
- Frauenkirche - Cathedral with two characteristic domes considered symbol of Bavarian capital.
- Neues Rathaus - Munich's New Town Hall with famous touristic show Glockenspiel.
- Residenz - Former royal palace of Bavarian monarchs turned into museum and treasury.
- Odeonsplatz - Majestic square bordered with many historical buildings and Hofgarten.
- Viktualienmarkt - Popular market area with dozens of stalls and shops offering mainly food and flowers.
- Hofbräuhaus - Famous beer hall and brewery founded in 1589.
- Hofgarten - Italian style Renaissance garden with pavillon in the middle.
- Peterskirche - Oldest church in Munich dedicated to St. Peter.
- Nationaltheater München - Opera house in Max-Joseph-Platz where Bavarian State Opera houses.
- Theatinerkirche - Roman Catholic Theatine Church St. Cajetan built in Italian baroque style.
- Feldherrnhalle - Monument created in honour of the leaders of the Bavarian Army.
- Mandarin Oriental - Probably most prominent hotel in Bavaria with Michelin star awarded restaurant.
Where to continue from Altstadt map
If you finished exploring Altstadt on this website you can continue to following pages: