MapLord / Rome / Attractions
Map of Rome attractions
This map of Rome attractions is based on Google maps technology. You can switch the type of map
in the right upper corner by clicking on buttons Map, Satellite and Terrain. Control panel on the left with
plus and minus buttons can be used for zooming the map.
List of Rome attractions
This list contains all the major touristic attractions in Rome that are diplayed on the map above as well:
- Colosseum - Most famous building of Roman empire used as arena for gladiator games.
- St.Peter's Square - Main square of Vatican City bordered with historical buildings.
- St.Peter's Basilica - Largest church in the world that is centre of christianity.
- Forum Romanum - Ruins of imperial Rome with ancient temples, basilicas and arches.
- Fontana di Trevi - Most beautiful fountain in Italy decorated with impressive statues.
- Vatican Museums - Incredibly rich complex of museums with wonderful Sistine chapel.
- Pantheon - Ancient temple with majestic portico built by emperor Hadrian.
- Piazza di Spagna - Highly photogenic square with popular Spanish steps.
- Circus Maximus - Remains of large stadium used in old Roman times for chariot races.
- Piazza Navona - Nice longish square with fountains and baroque church of Sant'Agnese in Agone.
- Castel Sant'Angelo - Former Hadrian's mausoleum that is national museum today.
- Piazza Venezia - One of Rome's busiest squares with Il Vittoriano monument and Palazzo Venezia.
- Capitoline Hill - Hill with Piazza del Campidoglio on top that was centre of old Rome's political power.
- Capitoline Museums - Museums on Capitoline Hill full of Roman artifacts and art.
- Arch of Constantine - The biggest of all remained ancient arches in Rome.
- Trajan's Market - Well-preserved complex of shops and warehouses built during era of emperor Trajan.
- Trajan's Forum - Ruins of large ancient forum composed of temples, markets and other buildings.
- Palatine Hill - Hill full of various ruins where city of Rome was founded.
- Piazza del Popolo - Oval shaped square with obelisk, Egyptian lion statues and two symmetrical churches.
- Temple of Hadrian - Temple with 11 columns that is now part of Rome's stock exchange building.
- Theatre of Marcellus - Largest theatre of ancient Rome that is still in good condition.
- Baths of Caracalla - Large complex of buildings used in ancient Rome for leisure and relaxation.
- Villa Borghese - Large park with many attractions called Park of Museums.
- Borghese Gallery - Art gallery located in the former Villa Borghese Pinciana.
- Mausoleum of Augustus - Monumental family tomb built by the first Roman Emperor Augustus.
- San Giovanni in Laterano - Oldest basilica in Rome where the Pope officiates as Bishop of Rome.
- Santa Maria Maggiore - Largest church in Italian capital dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
- Museum of Roman Civilization - Museum of Rome's history with large scale model of the city.
- Olympic Stadium - Stadium for 72.700 visitors that is home to Lazio and AS Roma football teams.
- Via Condotti - Rome's top haute couture fashion street with lots of high-class shops.
- Colosseo Quadrato - Emblematic example of fascist architecture inspired by Colosseum.
- Auditorium Parco della Musica - Large multi-functional music complex built by architect Renzo Piano.
- Maxxi - National Museum of the 21st Century Arts - Museum of contemporary art opened in 2010.
- National Gallery of Modern Art - Gallery dedicated to modern art not only from Italian artists.
- National Etruscan Museum - Museum of Etruscan civilization housed in Villa Giulia built by popes.
- PalaLottomatica - Multi-purpose sports and entertainment arena that hosted 1960 Olympic games.
- Teatro dell'Opera - Rome's leading theatre and opera house with own orchestra and ballet company.
- Bioparco - One of the oldest ZOOs in Europe that was founded in 1911.
- Euroma 2 - Large shopping mall with about 230 shops and many restaurants.
- Westin Excelsior - Hotel that welcomed celebrities, statesmen and artists since 1906.
- Hotel Hassler - Luxurious hotel located atop Spanish Steps offering wonderful views over the city.